Wintersession, the last week of Winter Recess before classes begin, is a time when students have the option to participate in programs that encourage personal reflection, intellectual curiosity, and social interaction.
Participating for the 7th consecutive year, the Credit Union organized a two-day Personal Finance Management course as part of the Wintersession program offering.
The dynamic program wrapped last week and featured a variety of industry experts who gave students a better understanding of personal budgeting, credit cards, investments, retirement planning, taxes, and insurance.
The program was led by an all-star roster of guest speakers including:
- The Colony Group, a wealth advisory firm for high net worth individuals lent their expertise on reducing your tax burden and financial losses.
- Dee Dee Chen, a Certified Financial Planner and Director of Professional Benefits at Partners HealthCare covered how to leverage your benefits to maximize your paycheck.
- Jared Sleeper, ’14 Harvard College alum and a Venture Capitalist/Investor in early-stage companies at Matrix Partners. He previously invested in small/mid-cap technology companies at Putnam and brought students up to speed on the most important things to know about investing.
- Spencer Clark, Credit Card and Loan Coordinator at HUECU shared his insights on how to ace your credit score.
- Migdalia Gomez, Financial Education Specialist at HUECU gave insight how on to be honest with your money preferences and habits while sticking to a budget.
We are eager to expand our commitment to the financial health of our communities in 2018 and look forward to participating in future Wintersession programs.