Going shopping? Here is what you should do first.
1. Get Pre-Approved at HUECU
Getting pre-approved is easy using our simple online application. You don’t even need to know what type of car you’ll be buying. The application takes about 5 minutes and we’ll get back to you with 1 business day to let you know how much you are pre-approved to spend.
HUECU Auto Loans
Features & Benefits
- Same Low Rates on New or Used Vehicles
- No Application Fees or Prepayment Penalties
- 110% Financing2
- Quick and Easy Process
- Flexible Terms up to 72 Months3
- Remote Loan Closings
- Motorcycle, Boat and RV Loans available
- Option to defer payments for 60 days4
Exceptional Member Discounts
- Auto-Pay Discount: ¼% off for Automatic Payment from an HUECU Crimson Checking Account
- Green Discount: ¼% off for purchasing an eco-friendly vehicle1 that gets at least 30 miles-per-gallon highway.
2. Do your homework.
Before you step into your first dealership, thoroughly research the vehicles you’re interested in so you are familiar with options and prices. It’s also a good idea to brush up on your negotiating skills and educate yourself on the key “dos and don’ts” of buying a car.
3. Buy a Car!
Once you’ve found the car you want and negotiated a price, complete these simple steps:
- Have the dealership fax or email the Purchase Agreement and RMV1 form to the Credit Union.
- Notify your insurance company of your new purchase so they can prepare a new binder.
- Check your email for a link to remotely sign your loan note. (If you prefer, you can come to an HUECU branch to sign the note in person).
- Once the note is signed, you can pick up the check at any HUECU branch or we can overnight the check directly to you.
If you have questions about purchasing your car through private sale, insurance requirements, or lienholder information, please contact the Credit Union.
1. Gas mileage data used is based on the Official EPA MPG as stated on www.fueleconomy.gov.
2. Certain credit restrictions apply.
3. Loan Example: $20,000.00 at 2.99% for 72 months. Monthly payment is $303.08 with total finance charges of $1,870.04 and total repayment of $21,870.04.
4. No Payment for 60 Days – Qualifying members may select to defer their first payment for 60 days from the loan funding date. Interest will accrue during deferral period and this offer is subject to credit union approval. This is optional, you may start paying your loan off right away. This option is only for automobiles.
Subject to credit approval.