Much needed financial assistance for students transitioning from graduate school to a new career.
Federal financial aid policy requires that student loans and other financial aid can only be used to cover costs associated with an individual’s study while enrolled in school. As a result, recent graduates often find themselves in a financial struggle between their graduation from Harvard and the beginning of their full time employment.
The program is designed to assist Harvard graduate students or recent graduates (U.S. citizenship not required – anyone with valid U.S. SSN and address is eligible) of Harvard Law School, Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Business School, Harvard Graduate School Design, the Harvard School of Public Health and residents of Harvard teaching hospitals.
- Minimum loan amount: $1,000
- Maximum loan amount: $15,000
- Choice between Hybrid Fixed/Variable or Variable rates
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for enrollment in automatic payments
- View full program details
- Funds deposited into borrower’s HUECU checking account for immediate use.
- Funds can be easily accessed using debit card, ATM, online banking, or checks.
- Length of repayment: 120 months or less
- Minimum monthly payment: $50
- First payment due 6 months after disbursement date
- Fixed rate for the first 5 years as low as 5.50%
- After 5 years, variable rate will be as low as Prime + 1%
- As low as Prime + 1%
1. HUECU credit requirements include 2 years minimum credit history with tradelines other than student loans and on time payment record.
2. Membership in the Credit Union requires a $5 minimum deposit in a Share Savings Account.
3. Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rate adjusted quarterly according to Prime Lending Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. Subject to credit approval.