Wire Transfers are a safe and easy way to move money.
Wire transfers safely move money between accounts and different financial institutions. HUECU accepts incoming Wire Transfers, and collected funds may be wired out domestically or internationally.
How it Works
- Wire transfers must be received before 3:30 p.m. to be processed that day
- Fees may apply – view our fee schedule for more information
- Wire transfers are not processed on Saturdays or Credit Union holidays
- Domestic Wire Transfers are generally completed within one business day
- International transfers generally take longer than one business day
Please note: Wire Transfers cannot be set up over the phone.
First, you must contact the Credit Union to request a Wire Transfer form.
When instructing Harvard University Credit Union to send your funds by wire to another institution, we will need:
- Your name, your HUECU member number, and account type from which to withdraw the funds and fees
- Receiving bank name with ABA Number and address (domestic wires)
- Intermediary bank name with account number and address (if applicable)
- Final beneficiary name with account number, address, and any special instructions
- SWIFT Number, IBAN Number, or bank code (international wires)
It is the member’s responsibility to provide complete and accurate information to process a Wire Transfer. A fee is assessed if the member requests research.
All wires that are NOT being sent to an account in your own name must be done in person with valid photo I.D.
When instructing another institution to wire funds into your Harvard University Credit Union account, they will need:
Harvard University Employees Credit Union
104 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
ABA Number: 211381738
Your HUECU Member Number
(C) Checking (S) Savings