The MGH Institute student loan programs were designed in cooperation with the MGH IHP, by Harvard University Employees Credit Union, to meet the financing needs of graduate students attending the MGH Institute of Health Professions. The program is offered by HUECU, a not-for-profit financial institution with locations at Mass General Hospital, the Charlestown Navy Yard, Longwood Medical Area and Harvard Square.
- Deferment of payments of up to four years while enrolled in a qualified MGH Institute program
- Funds are disbursed directly to the student’s account at the school
- Final disbursement amount will be certified by the Financial Aid Office
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for automatic recurring payments
- Immediate credit decision
- Zero pre-payment fees
- No co-signer required
- 0.50% interest rate reduction with qualified co-signer
- Up to 4 years deferment of payments while enrolled in a qualified MGH Institute Program
Available to U.S. citizens and to U.S. permanent residents enrolled in a qualified program at the MGH Institute, including ABSN students.
|15 Year Variable||Prime +2.49%|
|15 Year Hybrid||Fixed rate at 5.75% for the first 60 months.
After 60 months, variable rate Prime +1.49%.
How much can I borrow?
A student can borrow up to the Cost of Attendance, which is determined by the financial aid office.
Who may co-sign?
To qualify, a co-signer must be a U.S. citizen in a U.S. permanent resident and must also meet credit score criteria.
Do you have a co-signer release option?
With automated payment, and after 48 consecutive monthly on-time payments, a co-borrower may request to be released from the loan. However, the release is subject to the credit-worthiness of the primary borrower. Having a co-signer on loan may also increase the student’s eligible borrowing amount.
Subject to credit approval.
1. Annual Percentage Rate
2. Current Prime Rate is 4.25%